Single Planning Committee
After having turned down my proposal for a consultation with Parish Councils before making a decision to scrap the two area planning committees on which all members sit and replace them with one for the select few, the Council has apparently now decided to discuss the matter after making up its mind.
I understand that a meeting has been called (without letting the District Councillors know) next week, to inform the Parishes after the event. As my strong views against the decision are known, I cannot help but wonder if that is why the meeting does not involve me as a District Councillor. Fortunately I am also a Parish Councillor and can therefore attend to ensure that the lack of a justified reason behind this decision is made clear.
After having turned down my proposal for a consultation with Parish Councils before making a decision to scrap the two area planning committees on which all members sit and replace them with one for the select few, the Council has apparently now decided to discuss the matter after making up its mind.
I understand that a meeting has been called (without letting the District Councillors know) next week, to inform the Parishes after the event. As my strong views against the decision are known, I cannot help but wonder if that is why the meeting does not involve me as a District Councillor. Fortunately I am also a Parish Councillor and can therefore attend to ensure that the lack of a justified reason behind this decision is made clear.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home