General Election Propaganda
It was not my intention to use this weblog to get into issues surrounding the general election. However, having received an election leaflet , I feel it necessary to counter grossly misleading information since it does relate to MHDC. Two years ago I persuaded the Council to seek "a firm commitment" from the Primary Care Trust to build a new hospital for the District in return for the Council making land in Malvern available for a new surgery.
I now hear that the Liberal parliamentary candidate and former Council Leader has received such a "firm commitment". If this is the same "firm commitment" as that produced to me some weeks ago under the Freedom of Information Act it is unfortunately as firm as quicksand. It is most unpalatable that as important a subject as this should be hijacked for blatant party political purposes.
It was not my intention to use this weblog to get into issues surrounding the general election. However, having received an election leaflet , I feel it necessary to counter grossly misleading information since it does relate to MHDC. Two years ago I persuaded the Council to seek "a firm commitment" from the Primary Care Trust to build a new hospital for the District in return for the Council making land in Malvern available for a new surgery.
I now hear that the Liberal parliamentary candidate and former Council Leader has received such a "firm commitment". If this is the same "firm commitment" as that produced to me some weeks ago under the Freedom of Information Act it is unfortunately as firm as quicksand. It is most unpalatable that as important a subject as this should be hijacked for blatant party political purposes.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home