May 3rd Elections
As the Woodbury ward is uncontested at the forthcoming elections, I shall be posting here as your District Councillor for another few years. As always I am keen to hear your views and issues that need taking up. Recently there has been progress on the issue of the educational contributions. At the last Planning Meeting as part of approval of the policy, I was able to get the Council to agree to put in a formal request to the County that school management plans be updated when monies are made available and this received a favourable reception from the County representative at the meeting.
On the negative side, the details behind the Council's budget still remain a secret in spite of a number of requests. This is totally unacceptable and undemocratic and I will be putting in a request under the Freedom of Information Act. If there is a a change in control of the Council on May 3rd, however, that will speed matters up.
As the Woodbury ward is uncontested at the forthcoming elections, I shall be posting here as your District Councillor for another few years. As always I am keen to hear your views and issues that need taking up. Recently there has been progress on the issue of the educational contributions. At the last Planning Meeting as part of approval of the policy, I was able to get the Council to agree to put in a formal request to the County that school management plans be updated when monies are made available and this received a favourable reception from the County representative at the meeting.
On the negative side, the details behind the Council's budget still remain a secret in spite of a number of requests. This is totally unacceptable and undemocratic and I will be putting in a request under the Freedom of Information Act. If there is a a change in control of the Council on May 3rd, however, that will speed matters up.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home